Mt. McKinley

Mt. McKinley
Peace in a photograph- Mt. McKinley

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Concert

Tonight I am going to see The Decemberists with my dad.  We're going out to dinner first for pizza and then heading over.  My dad is hilarious at concerts; he has a slower clap than anyone else at shows and he says the most ordinary words as praise.  He says things like "okay" and "pretty good," but with the same feeling as someone saying "awesome" or "rock on."  It's quite the sight.  Love it!

I will have to give an update on how the show goes, but I bet it will be awesome because I've already seen them in concert once.  They are one of those rare bands that sound just as good live as they do on their albums, so I'm not too worried.  The venue is an interesting choice, so that will be my wildcard.

In other news, I really liked Billy Collins and I'm glad that I decided to go and see him.  And, as a bonus, I ran into two other friends so we all got to sit together.  Quite a pleasant evening- maybe I'm getting more classy with these outings to poets and whatnot ; )

So, I'm leaving another Decemberists' song as my song of the day since I'm seeing them tonight!
Decemberists - Don't Carry it All

2 comments:

  1. YAY for a Decemberists concert. Hope you have a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how about some thoughts on the concert for your blog today? and how about your thoughts on the premiere of Game of Thrones? just making it easier for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete