Mt. McKinley

Mt. McKinley
Peace in a photograph- Mt. McKinley

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Might be turning a new leaf

I have been told that I am opinionated.  Well, who isn't?  And, sometimes you declare your opinion and find out later that someone has 'taken offense' simply because they didn't declare their opinion back.  Well, that's damn annoying.  In any case, I know I used to be worse when I was in high school; if I didn't like it, I damn well said that- a mild example is my avid dislike of country.

Well, I'm not sure if it's because I'm the ripe old age of 25, or if I generally just am becoming more mild, but I've been deliberately trying to expand  my experience/run-ins with different genres of books, movies, music, and food.  That being said, I've made huge progress.  Today is a great example of this.  I went to the movies today with six other girls. Six other girls!! Behavior unheard of before this day.  Typically I prefer the company of males, so that was new territory.  We went to go see the movie Jane Eyre.  This is a book I have read, and actually rather disliked/was bored by the book.  I thought seeing it visually would make it much more entertaining, and I have to say, I walked away from the movie feeling pretty good about it.

There are parts that are definitely left out, but I thought they were the boring parts anyway.  And, Edward Rochester (Michael Fassbender) was much, much better looking than the character in the book.  While it's not a 'edge of your seat' type movie, it was still entertaining.  And, those 6 girls and I got chocolates afterwards (anymore stereotypes to play off of??), so it was quite enjoyable.  So, I must be turning a new leaf.  Who knows what I will do next?!

4 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I want to see Jane Eyre. I first read (and fell in love with) the book in high school. I usually have a hard time watching movies of books I love. I've been burned by too many in the past, but you're the second person to walk out of the movie liking it. There may be hope for this one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG...who are you?? I leave Madison and suddenly you are attending movies with 6 other women!?!?! LMAO...I want to travel back in time and meet high school-aged Carrie. What a hoot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. time to eat a big ol' portabella mushroom sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the book, but I am very familiar with the storyline. I'm going to see the new movie on Friday! If you liked it and are feeling in the mood at some point, the Masterpiece Theatre version is quite good.

    ReplyDelete