Mt. McKinley

Mt. McKinley
Peace in a photograph- Mt. McKinley

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What are friends for? Blogging, apparently.

The creation of this blog may be attributed directly to my friend, Mandy.

She had an odd request for a group of her friends; she said, "Well, here's the story: my sister has convinced me to Blog Every Day in April (BEDA). It's something one of my favorite Young Adult authors started, and this year I'm up for the challenge. We're trying to get a team of fun, interesting people to be a part of our BEDA team."  


Naturally, this first attempt to get me to blog did not work. So, she threw in a personalized "You are funny and have interesting stuff to talk about. I think you'd be fun to read. Just saying."  Almost the same thing as the group message, but for some reason, it changed my mind.

Thus, I am doing this as a favor for a friend.  It's the right thing to do.  But, I also hope to dash my prejudices against blogging, and perhaps entertain, enlighten, and/or encourage people along the way.
Oh, and I guess I need to add that not all blogs are created equally and there are many shades of quality, content, and value.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Reluctant Blogger,

    You have already enticed a giggle out of me. :) (*insert fake smile face here* because I know how you love them so!) I'm sorry my original comment was lost. I've utilized the only funny I had today. :(

    Your appreciative, zany friend,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Reluctant Blogger,

    I'd like to second what my wise and hilarious sister said. :) Yay for joining us!

    Your appreciative and zany friend's even crazier sister,
    -Becky

    ReplyDelete