Mt. McKinley

Mt. McKinley
Peace in a photograph- Mt. McKinley

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Double whammy

Here was my first fail of the month! I didn't write anything on Saturday- I had good intentions, but it completely slipped my mind because I went to Chicago yesterday and today.  I had planned on writing the Saturday one before I left, but, I don't really like writing in the mornings, and then I was off and there was no other time to think of it.

I don't like being in cities, but I had two really great reasons to be there. First of all, my best friend lives there, and I would always take an opportunity to go and see her.  Second of all, it was another friend's birthday and we decided to surprise him by taking him to Medieval Times- he never went to it as a kid and has always wanted to go (how cute is that?).

That is exactly what we did!  Here we are awaiting dinner (consisted of zero silverware- soup, bread, chicken, spare rib, potato, and pastry) and jousting.  If you've never been there, well, here's the set up.  You just placed in different sections that cheer on particular knights- our knight was the Red and Yellow Knight- hence our beautiful and expensive hats.  There are 5 other knights besides ours- one of which (the Green knight) is naughty and must be stopped to save the good prince who is Green Knight's hostage.

Anyways, our knight lost.  But, in his defense, he picked the most bad ass weapons like a mace and a long-handled ax on top of a standard shield and sword combo.  Anyways, the birthday boy loved it and a good time was had by all.  After that we went back to an apartment and played drinking games for the rest of the night, including classics such as 31 and Asshole, but also a new one where a person reads from a smut book until someone laughs and then they have to drink.

Since Saturday was so much fun, here is a fun song for the song of the day!
Neon Trees - Animal

As far as today goes, well.  My friends and I decided that it was a good day to go into downtown Chicago, so away we went!  We hung out at Millennium Park, which of course include the bean- although it didn't look at cool as it does in this photo up above.  It was really nice out, but damn, there had to have been 40 mph winds going on in The Windy City.  And now, man, I am completely bushed.  So tired.  Possibly sunburned, as well.
Song for today- Waka Flocka Flames - No Hands
This song is dedicated to our rousing Saturday evening of heavy drinking

1 comment: