Mt. McKinley

Mt. McKinley
Peace in a photograph- Mt. McKinley

Sunday, April 3, 2011

The good side of advertising

So, a couple posts ago I was complaining about ridiculous advertising.  I still hate it, but, sometimes ads can be damn funny.  I recently saw this video for big whig Re/Max real estate agency.  The video post is described as "A discussion between a RE/MAX agent, his client and a competing agent sets the stage for a rap song. Visit www.remax.com to find a professional RE/MAX agent." 


While it's definitely not the funniest thing I've ever seen, they actually did a pretty good job at pulling off a convincing and catchy little rap.  My current favorite commercial right now, though is the Cheeto's commercial called Site Party.  You can tell that construction worker would be a good lay by his dance movies and excellent mustache.  What's your favorite current commercial??


In other news, and I mean literally in other news, I saw a most distressing piece of Wisconsin news.  I cannot believe this is true.  Apparently, women need to be aware that they now can be sexually assaulted with snakes.  Thank god they caught that cobra in NY (too soon? just a joke).  But, really, what is wrong with some of the men in this world?  Why the fuck can't they leave people alone, create a group, and just sexually assault and rape each other?  Take a look at the article for the exact story.


Alright, and now, for the song of the day!  The Decemberists- Rox in the Box
Best line "We all do what we can- we endure our fellow man." Love it!
The Decemberists will be playing in Madison on April 19th- I will be there. You should be, too!

3 comments:

  1. That is the most disturbing, vile piece of news that I've heard in a while. WTF is wrong with people??

    On a more pleasant note, I am enjoying your songs of the day. I may have to adopt this. *schemes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also...the Cheeto's commercial. There are no words to express my feelings of your favorite construction worker. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rox in the Box! Actually, I love every song on that album which is a rarity.

    ReplyDelete